Love Today Dream Catcher Canvas - Scraps of Darkness

Pink Rose and Feather Dream Catcher Canvas with Gold Accents Using the Prima Marketing Rose Quartz Collection

Hi! I'm sharing a feathered dream catcher canvas that I created with the Scraps of Darkness August Sparkle and Shine Kit. The gorgeous Prima Rose Quartz Grace feather patterned paper (Main Kit) and the wreath from the 49 and Market Natural Blush Blooms (Floral Add-On) were my inspiration for this piece. I used a 9x12 canvas board from my stash for the base of this project. If you don't have a canvas board, the box your kit came in would also work!

Pink Rose and Feather Dream Catcher Canvas with Gold Accents Using the Prima Marketing Rose Quartz Collection

I started this project by layering pieces of sheet music from the Art-C Book Pages Ephemera Pack(Elements Add-On) onto the canvas. Then, I brushed on a light layer of watered-down gesso to mute the print on the papers. I used my fingers to apply Jacquard Lumiere True Gold Acrylic Paint (Color Add-On) to the canvas. Next, I spritzed on Tim Holtz Hickory Smoke Spray Stain and sponged on Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink (Color Add-On).

While my canvas was drying, I taped the wreath into a circle using the Prima Traveler's Decorative Tape from the Elements Add-On. Next, I cut feathers from the Prima Rose Quartz Grace patterned paper, tied a length of white baker's twine to each feather, and then tied the feathers to the wreath.

I used a hot glue gun to attach the dream catcher to the canvas and then glued on a mix of pink flowers from the Main Kit and the Floral Add-On.

Pink Rose and Feather Dream Catcher Canvas with Gold Accents Using the Prima Marketing Rose Quartz Collection

Once the dream catcher was secured to the canvas base, I added a portion of the pink ostrich feather (Elements Add-On), Simple Stories clear stickers (Elements Add-On), Darice pink sequins (Main Kit), and Prima Rose Quartz puffy feather stickers (Main Kit). I finished this canvas with some Prima watercolor shading and splatters.
I'm really loving the versatility of the products in this kit. I've created a fun mix of both clean and simple and shabby chic designs. If you missed my previous projects, click on the links below.

More Projects Created with the Scraps of Darkness Sparkle + Shine Kit


We'd love to see your take on this kit. Share your work with us in the Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Scrapbooking Community on Facebook.

Pin It!


Pink Rose and Feather Dream Catcher Canvas with Gold Accents Using the Prima Marketing Rose Quartz Collection


Comments

  1. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwww! This is STUNNING!! I am IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment