Amazing - Scraps of Darkness August Sparkle + Shine Kit

Solar Eclipse Scrapbook Layout with Black Galaxy Background Stars and Flowers

Hi! I'm sharing the first layout I created with the Scraps of Darkness August Sparkle + Shine Kit. The foiled accents on the patterned papers, metallic paint, and shiny sequins were the perfect supplies to use to document the photo of my husband and I that we snapped before the solar eclipse last month. We were able to see the eclipse in totality, and it was an amazing experience. I created a galaxy background with polka dot patterned paper (Main Kit: Simple Stories Simply Wonderful), star die-cuts (Main Kit: Simple Stories Beautiful Bits and Pieces Die-Cuts), and clear star stickers (Elements Add-On: Simple Stories Beautiful Clear Stickers). I also incorporated some left-over product from the Scraps of Darkness February 2017 Our Story Kit: the glitter flake pink Prima Emma Roses, stars from the BoBunny Copper Accents Foil Transfers Rub-Ons, and a moon-themed card from the Prima 3x4 Love Clippings Journaling Notecards. I couldn't resist adding flowers to my design; some of which were cut from the patterned papers, and others that were part of the Floral Add-On. In my world, flowers can survive in space!

Solar Eclipse Scrapbook Layout with Black Galaxy Background Stars and Flowers

I built this flower cluster by starting with a base of flowers and leaves cut from the Prima Stone Quartz and Simple Stories Follow Your Heart patterned papers. I borrowed a fern leaf for texture from the 49 and Market Natural Blush Seaside Blooms (Floral Add-On). I topped the cut papers with two flowers from the 49 and Market Galaway Gray Floral Mixology (Floral Add-On).

Solar Eclipse Scrapbook Layout with Black Galaxy Background Stars and Flowers

I created a journaling spot on the top corner of my photo with a section that I cut from the Simple Stories Vertical Elements Patterned Paper. I cut around the flowers and banner and slid that portion of the paper on top of my photo, leaving the map portion of the patterned paper behind.

Solar Eclipse Scrapbook Layout with Black Galaxy Background Stars and Flowers

I used the Jacquard Lumiere True Gold Acrylic Paint, Tim Holtz Hickory Smoke Spray Stain, and Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink Pad on the background of this layout. I also added some pink glitter glue, which is not included in the kit, for some extra sparkle. Once the colored mediums were dry, I glued down sequins, star die-cuts, clear star stickers, and star foil rub-ons.
I'm really loving the versatility of the products in this kit. I've created a fun mix of both clean and simple and shabby chic designs. If you missed my previous projects, click on the links below.

More Projects Created with the Scraps of Darkness Sparkle + Shine Kit


We'd love to see your take on this kit. Share your work with us in the Scraps of Darkness and Scraps of Elegance Mixed Media Scrapbooking Community on Facebook.

Pin It!


Solar Eclipse Scrapbook Layout with Black Galaxy Background Stars and Flowers

Comments

Post a Comment