Teacher's Pet Mixed Media Board - Tando Creative

Teacher's Pet School Days Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative
Hi! I'm sharing the Mixed Media Board I altered for the Anything Goes theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. My girls have just a couple more weeks of Summer before the school year begins and we are busy organizing supplies, shopping for new clothes and shoes, and preparing mentally for the upcoming year. I definitely have school on the brain and had a lot of fun creating this piece.

I started by applying a coat of chalkboard paint onto a mixed media board. Once that was dry, I spread a thin layer of spackle over the Letters Mask. Next, I cut a school girl from patterned paper and glued her to the board. I made a small embellishment with a Star Button that I painted bright yellow and then outlined with a black paint pen. I added a brass scissors charm and tied it to the button with a piece of red twine. I finished this board with a teacher's pet die-cut.

You can find the products I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

Comments

  1. This is fabulous! LOVING the girl and the little scissors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment